Eastern Lightning | Christ is the truth, the way, and the life.


菜單

22 Jul 2018

With God’s Protection, Grandson Survived a Fall From the Fourth Floor

By Zhao Hengxin
  I am 68 years old. My wife and I are ordinary believers of the Church of Almighty God. We have followed Almighty God for four years. During my time believing in God, whenever my son and his wife came back from work in another place in festivals and holidays, I often testified of God’s work in the last days to them. But they laughed it off and weren’t willing to believe in God, pleading being busy. However, since my grandson fell from the fourth floor, they have changed their attitude before the calamity. Through relying on God, our family all experienced God’s wonderful protection—my grandson escaped danger and is safe and sound. It is still vivid in my mind whenever I recall it.
truth,Judgment,salvation,God's word,God’s family


After my wife and I arrived at the city hospital First Aid Center, it was 2:10 p.m. The doctor said, “Your grandson, remaining unconscious, was being rescued in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and still in critical condition. We will know the result after 24 hours. Because he fell from the fourth floor and onto the concrete ground, his head is broken like a rotten sweet potato. His cranium feels soft and inside of his head is filled with extravasated blood, which is flowing out along the ears, soaking through the quilt … I worry that even if he awakes, he will be, in all probability, either a disability or vegetable. So you should be mentally prepared.” Hearing this news, we were in sadness and only waited outside for the news. The doctors and nurses went in and out of the ICU hurriedly; the patients’ relatives on the rows of seats looked exhausted, helpless and worried. Seeing my son with tears in his eyes, my wife pulled him to the other side and said to him in a low voice, “Don’t cry. Cry cannot solve the problem. Whether Jiusheng is able to survive, we can only look up to and rely on God. Only God can solve our difficulty….” Hearing my wife’s words, my son suddenly showed joyfulness in his eyes and said to us hurriedly, “Mum, you’re right. Mum and dad, let’s pray to your Almighty God.” My daughter-in-law nodded with tears. Hence, we four earnestly prayed to God …
Time seemed to drag. Until 2:35 p.m., Jiusheng had not awaken. Our hearts were increasingly heavier and my son and his wife were weeping. I felt so bad. At that time, a patient was wheeled out of the ICU. People in the passageway all glanced in the patient’s direction and one of them asked the patient’s family, “How is she now?” The patient’s family said, “Alas, my mother has been in the ICU for nearly a month, spending tens of thousands Yuan, but hasn’t awaken up to now.” My son listened to their talks, shedding tears again. He said anxiously to us, “Jiusheng has been in the ICU for over three hours but has not come round. If he becomes a disability or vegetable, his whole life will be ruined …” I hastened to comfort them, “In the last days, God comes to the earth just for saving mankind. We should come before God, rely on Him, obey His orchestration and arrangement and just experience His work. Anyway, we should have faith in God…!” As we were saying, a nurse run into the doctor’s office pleasantly and surprisingly. We followed her promptly. Before we asked, the doctor said with a smile on her face, “Who are Jiusheng’s family?” We answered with one voice, “I am.” “Your child has come round and Jiusheng’s mother can see him first. It is unexpected that he can come round so quickly. This condition is rare. It’s a miracle!” said the doctor. Hearing such words, I thought: It is God’s care and protection that create this miracle. I should thank God.
It made us happy that Jiusheng could come to and we were full of gratitude to God in our hearts. At 3:10 p.m., the doctor told us to take Jiusheng to make a LightSpeed VCT examination an hour later lest the extravasated blood remain in his brain to make him become a vegetable. Using the spare time, I gave my son and his wife testimony of God’s work in the last days and fellowshiped about the differences between belief and unbelief. An hour flew by, it was time for Jiusheng to have a repeat LightSpeed VCT examination. Because he was weak and blood was flowing out from his ears, his head had to turn to one side. His scalp was swollen high and his cranium, which felt soft, like a rotten sweet potato, was broken into pieces. Therefore, he needed two people to carry him on either side. After the examination, the doctor told us that his life was saved, that his arms and legs were not broken and that one of his heels’ bones were weak. Overall, there was nothing wrong with his nerves and organs. Just then, my grandson opened his eyes and called me “Grandpa.” Seeing that he didn’t become a vegetable and recognized me, his grandpa, my heart was full of infinite gratitude to God and my tears of excitement flowed uncontrollably. My wife, standing by my side, said with feeling, “It is Almighty God who gives our grandson a life so that he can survive.” We were filled with unspeakable joy to see he was all right.
Praise, Jehovah,Life,truth,Judgment

Afterward, many relatives and friends came to visit Jiusheng and they all felt unbelievable to see his gradual recovery from illness. While knowing the course of the matter, they exclaimed, “Miracle! It’s a true miracle!” Especially the doctor in our village, he said with emotion, “Your grandson is so lucky. It is God who blesses him.” At that moment, we all thanked God for His care and protection. Moreover, my son and his wife changed their attitude toward believing in God through this matter: my son gave us strong support in believing in God and his wife said to us with delight, “It is Almighty God who saves my son.” Then she also accepted God’s work in the last days gladly.
In the blink of an eye, more than a month passed by. Jiusheng’s head injury had thoroughly pulled through. His cranium, like a rotten sweet potato, turned sturdy to touch and so did his heel’s bones. Whenever seeing my grandson playing around me with a mischievous smile on his face, I couldn’t help expressing my thanks to God from my inner heart. Through this experience, I feel that whatever we are faced with, only when we come before and rely on God can we receive His care and protection. Almighty God says, “I am mankind’s only salvation. I am mankind’s only hope and, even more, I am He on whom the existence of all mankind rests. Without Me, mankind will immediately come to a complete standstill. Without Me, mankind will suffer catastrophe and be trodden down by all manner of ghosts” (“You Ought to Prepare a Sufficiency of Good Deeds for Your Destination”). “Almighty God the practical God! You are our strong tower. You are our refuge. We huddle under Your wings, and calamity cannot reach me. This is Your divine protection and care” (“The Fifth Utterance”).

No comments:

Post a Comment